- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 64 ouncebottleapple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple and/or green plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 750 milliliterbottleGewurztraminer, or other fruity white wine*
1. Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice.