GOAT CHEESE & BACON! Need I say more. OMG beyond delicious eating responsibly is not easy when its this good! I only made this for myself and I have all the ingredients set apart for another day. This way it won’t take as long next time.
Okay so plating is something that I just do because I like it to look presentable, hence why there are two pictures.
3 Portobello Mushrooms
3 tablespoons of : extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
1/2 chopped red onion (I bought mine already chopped)
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 whole diced tomato
3 slices of bacon, fully-cooked and crumbled
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Cover the baking dish in aluminum foil (makes clean up easier)
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Brush mixture on the aluminum foil and on both sides of the mushroom. Use a pinch of salt/ pepper on both side.
- Then place in oven for 5 mins then flip and place for 5 more mins.
- 1 tablespoon of the same mixture used on the mushroom will be used to sauté the onions.
- Fill in the mushrooms with tomato, onion, goat cheese and top of with some bacon.
- Place in the oven for 5 mins. and Serve
I believe I might have overdone it just a tad with the sauce but Oh was it tasty!
1 pack of Broccoli
1/3 cup of butter
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons white vinegar
black pepper to taste
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/3 cup of salted cashews
- Boil the broccoli until tender then drain
- while the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet. Then add the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Mix all together and bring to a boil. Then remove from the heat and add the sauce to the cashews and then pour the sauce onto the broccoli.